Dedicated to providing energy efficiency while promoting the growth of geothermal renewable energy.
Air conditioners are usually reliable machines when properly maintained but like all mechanical systems, they will fail eventually- hopefully not during the hottest days of summer! No matter when your AC breaks, the highly-skilled technicians at Blue Valley Heating & Cooling in Longmont are available to quickly make any air conditioner repair necessary.
5 Common Problems for Air Conditioner Repair
- Neglecting Maintenance– The compressor or fan’s lifespan will be shortened if the filters or coils are not adequately cleaned on a regular schedule.
- Drainage Issues– The AC will not work properly if the condensate drain is clogged and preventing correct drainage.
- Sensor or Thermostat Problems– In room air conditioners, a sensor near the evaporative coil measures the air temperature coming into it and if it becomes misaligned, the unit will cycle irregularly. In building systems, a faulty thermostat would also cause the unit to continuously run or cycle on and off unpredictably.
- Leaking Refrigerant– Sometimes refrigerant level is low because it was undercharged during installation, but most often it becomes low due to a leak. Having the manufacturer’s specified amount in the system is essential for optimal performance. Guaranteeing the best efficiency is one important reason to have any leaks repaired by a trained technician, and minimizing harm to the environment is another critical factor.
- Electrical Failure– During a tune up service, technicians check all electrical components and connections for corrosion or other problems. Should any wires or terminals show signs of wear, they would be replaced to prevent a future breakdown. However, these electrical controls can also fail without any signs of wear due to the frequent cycling of an oversized system.
If your AC suddenly stops working, the experts at Energy.gov recommend letting the unit cool down for five minutes, then check to see if a breaker needs reset or a fuse was blown. For all other problems, it is best to hire a professional HVAC technician like those at Blue Valley Heating & Cooling in Longmont to diagnose and perform needed air conditioner repair.